What is Personal Information?
For the purposes of this policy, “Personal Information” is any information that enables us identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to any identifiers such as your name, address, phone number, email address, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to you as an individual.
In brief: How do we protect your Personal Information?
• We will not use your Personal Information other than for the purposes described in this policy.
• We will not sell your Personal Information.
• We will not keep your Personal Information for longer than is necessary for the stated purposes except to the extent required by law.
• We will take all reasonable and necessary technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information. For example, we use third parties to host our website and provide services to us. We have implemented the necessary contractual arrangements to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal data we share with them.
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
In order to create an account and access this site, certain types of Personal Information will be captured, such as name, title, organization, e-mail address and password. Together with other types of Personal Information collected voluntarily from you (see below regarding such collection), this data will be used to create and maintain your user profile. Only the starred fields are mandatory when creating your account.
The FLN Hub also hosts your learning record (i.e., the steps you have completed in your learning journey), where your activities are saved.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our FLN Hub team, we may receive your name, email address, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. We remind you to never communicate your password by email, even with the FLN Hub team.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will use your Personal Information only for the purposes indicated below and only when it is strictly necessary:
· Communicate with you (e.g. updates and system notifications) to provide you with services, such as “password reset” options;
· Inform you about latest developments and offerings from the FLN Hub. You may unsubscribe from any of these communications at any time;
· Recommend learning opportunities that are relevant to a learner’s context, preferences and needs;
3. HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We generally do not share your Personal Information. We may share it only for the purposes indicated below and only when it is strictly necessary.
Why and how do we share your Personal Information?
· To individual contributors of the content on the FLN Hub, interesting in knowing more about the use of the content they developed. Most of the time this data will be aggregated and anonymized;
· To third parties, such as servers and databases providers, for storage purposes;
· We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission. We may seek your permission in various ways. For example, we may present you with an “opt-in” prompt when you set up an account or access certain content.
We will only transfer your Personal Information to trusted third parties who provide sufficient guarantees that your Personal Information will be kept secure.
We will never sell your Personal Information.
We may de-identify (i.e. anonymize) and aggregate information collected through the site for statistical analysis and other lawful purpose, including in research studies, help trainers understand the profile of the learners, better understand the usage of the FLN Hub and improve the operation of the site.
The aggregated and anonymized data may be shared with third parties, such as our partners, supporters, educators and researchers through conferences, journals, and other publications.
4. HOW CAN YOU CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You can edit most of your profile details at any time by logging into your account and selecting user profile.
You can request deletion of your account by writing to email@example.com.
You can delete cookies at any time – we however encourage you to not do so in the middle of a session to avoid issues with progress or completion tracking. Deleting cookies will terminate your session and you will need to authenticate again to continue using the site.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. You may also opt out from receiving email from us by sending your request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that, even after you opt out from receiving marketing communications from us, you may continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding this site.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will only use and store your Personal Information for so long as it is required for the purposes it was collected for and as specified in UNICEF’s retention policy. We use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically and reasonably feasible to remove it. Otherwise, we will seek to delete your Personal Information within a one (1) month timeframe upon your written request.
6. IS THE FLN HUB WEBSITE SECURED?
We are committed to protect your Personal Information through the implementation of encryption methods, secured login, firewalls, regular security patches and antivirus. Unfortunately, such precautions may not be sufficient to guarantee a complete security of your data. It is always a possibility that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access your Personal Information or private communications. So, although we work extremely hard to safeguard your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that your information or communications will always remain private.
We also ask that you do your part to safeguard your Personal Information. Select and protect your password appropriately. Limit access to your account and sign out of your account once you have finished using this site. Also, be careful about connecting to the site using an insecure Wi-Fi. Public Wi-Fi, for example, is inherently insecure — so be cautious.
Should you have reasons to question the integrity of this site or your data, please do promptly contact us at email@example.com.
7. WHAT ABOUT LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES REFERENCED OR EMBEDDED ON THE SITE?
The table below identifies the cookies we may use on this site and explains the purposes for which they are used. Please note that we may update the information contained in this table from time to time.
Provider - Amplitude
Name - -amp
Provider - Google Analytics
Name - _ga
Purpose - Understands and tracks engagement of users. The GA cookie we use is anonymous.
10. CONTACT US
Last Updated: 8 November 2021